Pay rate: $14.00
Kid Quest is looking for Quest Leaders
who can help our participants work on their autonomy and
social skills in a community center environment. Quest Leaders need
to be enthusiastic, patient and be well versed in helping children
and young adults with a variety of special needs.
Quest Leaders will be working directly with participants helping them to engage in a variety of activities, including cooking, adaptive yoga, art, gardening, animal care and community events.
Quest leaders may be asked to assist with personal care, feeding, helping participants be safe and foster their independence. Quest Leaders may also be asked to assist with cleaning tasks, cooking tasks and gardening at our Center.
Any combination of training and experience, which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities, listed herein.
1. Completion of the 12th grade or the equivalent of a high school education, two years of paid or volunteer experience working with children in a special education environment.
2. Two years of college with course work in special education, psychology and child growth and development may be substituted for the two years working with children.
If you are currently a BALANCE4Kids employee and are interested in working at Kid Quest, please contact Colleen and Valerie at (831) 421-9159 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are new to the BALANCE4Kids organization, please complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you. We are seeking the best applicant for this position and will give time and care reviewing your materials.
Submit a Letter of Application addressing the Qualifications Required.
- The letter must individually address each of the qualifications listed.
- For each qualification, provide specific examples of work experience, accomplishments, and achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform that aspect of the work.
- Each example should include information concerning the setting where the experience was gained.
- Examples should be descriptions of what you have done, not descriptions of how to do the work or statements that you have done the work.
- You may wish to
submit a resume with your letter, but it is not a substitute for
the letter of application.
You may submit other information of your choosing, such as work samples or letters of reference.
UPON HIRE: If you are hired, you will need to complete an Employment Eligibility Form and submit documentation to BALANCE4Kids for review and verification to comply with the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act. All offers of hire are contingent upon passing a nation-wide criminal history check. All newly hired employees must complete a probationary period of 90 days following their hire date.