Pay rate: $14.00 - $16.00/hr depending upon experience
BALANCE4Kids seeks outstanding professionals who are committed to helping young people achieve success, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, look for opportunities to expand their capabilities, and view education as a partnership of students, staff, parents and community.
Instructional Assistant (IA's) (also referred to as "Instructional Aides", "Program Assistants" or "Individual Program Assistant" depending upon which school district you are placed in)
Under direction of teachers or psychologists provide specialized functions in the care and support of exceptional individuals to successfully participate in the educational environment and learning process. This position requires a specialized knowledge and/or skill that will assist students to participate/communicate in a classroom or learning situation. Receive direction from school personnel and/or parents. Assist in the conducting of intensified learning experiences related to students with special needs served by the program. Make routine decisions within the established policies and procedures of the classroom, the district and the state. Record observations and daily activities. Attend IEP's for assigned students when requested to do so. Maintain principles of confidentiality
Any combination of training and experience, which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities, listed herein.
- Completion of the 12th grade or the equivalent of a high school education, two years of paid or volunteer experience working with children in a special education environment.
- Two years of college with course work in special education, psychology and child growth and development may be substituted for the two years working with children.
Please complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you. We are seeking the best applicant for this position and will give time and care reviewing your materials.
Submit a Letter of Application addressing the Qualifications Required.
- The letter must individually address each of the qualifications listed.
- For each qualification, provide specific examples of work experience, accomplishments, and achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform that aspect of the work.
- Each example should include information concerning the setting where the experience was gained.
- Examples should be descriptions of what you have done, not descriptions of how to do the work or statements that you have done the work.
- You may wish to submit a resume with your letter, but it is not a
substitute for the letter of application.
You may submit other information of your choosing, such as work samples or letters of reference.
UPON HIRE: If you are hired, you will need to complete an Employment Eligibility Form and submit documentation to BALANCE4Kids for review and verification to comply with the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act. All offers of hire are contingent upon passing a nation-wide criminal history check. All newly hired employees must complete a probationary period of 90 days following their hire date.